Pages

Lexicon of Inconspicuously Ambiguous Recommendations

Lexicon of Inconspicuously Ambiguous Recommendations. 

LIAR, for short.

To describe a person who is totally inept: “I most enthusiastically
recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatsoever.”
 
To describe an ex-employee who had problems getting along with fellow
workers: “I am pleased to say that this candidate is a former colleague
of mine.”
 
To describe a candidate who is so unproductive that the job would be
better left unfilled: “I can assure you that no person would be better
for the job.”
 
To describe a job applicant who is not worth further consideration: “I
would urge you to waste no time in making this candidate an offer of
employment.”
 
To describe a person with lackluster credentials: “All in all, I cannot
say enough good things about this candidate or recommend him too
highly.”
 
(Robert Thornton)

No comments: